The Death of the Singer, Don Williams is Trending in USA

Don Williams country’s ‘Gentle Giant’ and singer of I Believe In You.

Don Williams, the country singer and Nashville songwriter best known for his 1981 hit ballad I Believe in You, has died at home in Alabama aged 78. On Friday his publicist confirmed Williams, who was known as “the Gentle Giant” because of his easygoing temperament, died after a brief illness.

Read Also: North Korea Missile Launch

Williams began his solo career in 1971, amassing 17 number one country hits. His songs such as Gypsy Woman and Tulsa Time, were covered by singers such as Eric Clapton and Pete Townshend.

In a statement Friday,  Kyle Young, CEO of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, Tennessee, said, “Don Williams offered calm, beauty, and a sense of wistful peace that is in short supply these days. “His music will forever be a balm in troublesome times.”

His hits included "I Believe in You," ″Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good," ″You're My Best Friend," ″Some Broken Hearts Never Mend," ″Till the Rivers All Run Dry" and "Back in My Younger Days." At least one duet with Emmylou Harris made the charts, "If I Needed You" in 1981.

READ; The history of Aguleri retold

0 comments:

Post a Comment