The Dead Transgender Suicide Note is Trending in USA



Leelah Alcorn

A transgender teen committed suicide and left a devastating note on Tumblr after her Christian parents refused to acknowledge that she’s a girl. Leelah Alcorn was born Joshua Alcorn in Kings Mill, Ohio. She killed herself by stepping in front of a tractor-trailer on I-71 in Warren County, Ohio, in the early morning hours of December 28.


She had scheduled the post to to go live on her Tumblr account before she died.
In the letter Leelah from Kings Mill, Ohio, wrote that although she was born a boy, she began identifying as a girl at the age of four.

The note begins: "If you are reading this, it means that I have committed suicide and obviously failed to delete this post from my queue.”
Leelah also spoke about growing up with strict devout Christian parents who did not understand her and had not allowed her to transition when she turned 16.
"When I was 14, I learned what transgender meant and cried of happiness. After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was.
"I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was that I would never truly be a girl, that God doesn’t make mistakes, that I am wrong,” said the letter.


Transgender is the state of one's gender identity or gender expression not matching one's assigned sex.[1] Transgender is independent of sexual orientation; transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, etc.

Alcorn's mother, Carla Wood Alcorn, wrote on Facebook Sunday, "My sweet 16-year-old son, Joshua Ryan Alcorn, went home to Heaven this morning. He was out for an early morning walk and was hit by a truck. Thank you for the messages and kindness and concern you have sent our way. Please continue to keep us in your prayers." The post has since been taken down.

leelah alcorn parents, doug alcorn, carla wood alcorn
The parents

The community relations coordinator for the local school district, also referring to Alcorn as a male, said, “Our thoughts and prayers are with Joshua’s family and friends at this tragic time.” An obituary tribute on the school website (seen above) referred to Leelah as a beloved “son and brother.” Local media in Ohio, likewise, have referred to Alcoron almost exclusively as “Joshua” and as a male.

0 comments:

Post a Comment