IBB at His Birthday Says He Misses Abiola

IBB at His Birthday Says He Misses Abiola

After 2 and a score years ago that Ibrahim Babangida annulled the 1993  presidential election, he said that he still missed MKO Abiola, the acclaimed winner of the election.

When he was asked whether he still missed the man, her said:

“Let me see, last week, I dug out one of the letters he wrote to me and I read it. So, that shows that I still miss him.”

Babangida who turned 74 yesterday revealed also how he escaped the Orkar's failed coup against him.

“I can remember very well that I had some loyal officers, who were supposed to be my protectors and my bodyguards. Initially, they told me to leave but I told them no, I am not leaving anywhere but they remained steadfast and later I took my family outside Dodan Barracks and joined my guards.
“So, we went out of Dodan Barracks and we went to a safe house where we got in contact with loyal troops. May God bless Sani Abacha. Sani Abacha was the Chief of Army Staff. He got in touch with me, I got in touch with him and we sat down and talked on what we were going to do. Abacha and I rallied the loyal troops and then I left my safe house and joined Abacha in his house. That was how I escaped.”

I want to ask this question; why should IBB miss Abiola now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment