I Resigned to Give the Young Chance to Lead - Nigeria's Customs Service Boss

I Resigned to Give the Young Chance to Lead - Nigeria's Customs Service Boss

As President Buhari accepts the Nigeria Customs boss, Alhaji Dikko Abdullahi's resignation request granting him an involuntary retirement effective from 18th August; he said that he resigned to allow the young to lead. 

The President’s letter accepting the request was titled, “Voluntary retirement from the Nigeria Customs Service.”

The approval read, “Dear, Alhaji D.I. Abdullahi. I write to acknowledge the receipt of your letter Ref. No. NCS/ADM/HQ/P. 35802 of 3rd August, 2015 conveying your decision to voluntarily retire from the Nigeria Customs Service with effect from Tuesday, August 18, 2015.

“I note with appreciation your services to this nation, especially as the Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service in the last six years.

“Accordingly, I hereby approve your voluntary retirement from the Nigeria Customs Service with effect from 18th of August, 2015.

“I wish you the very best in your future endeavours.

“Yours sincerely, Muhammadu Buhari.”

The successor to the office was yet to be announced at the press time.

When asked, the NCS boss explained that his resignation was informed by the need to allowing the young the chance of leadership.

He said, “The only way the NCS can move forward is by sacrifice; to give chance to others so that they can continue with the legacy that we have up in place.

“Revenue appreciated by 20 per cent from when I took over and the officers that did the work are still around and I think that the NCS, I stand to be corrected, is the only service that is fully automated in the system of operation.

“We have no fear. The time I’m leaving is the time I feel those young ones that have developed the software can manage the software.

“So, that is basically the reason.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment