Wealth and Fame: Assault by Sok Bun on Sasa of Cambodian TV Elicits More Outrage from the Authorities

Ek Socheata, who is also known as Sasa



Cambodian TV Star, Ek Socheata, popularly known as Sasa was beaten blue and black on 2nd July by a property magnate, Sok Bun and his gun wielding bodyguard, for intervening for her friend whom the tycoon was hassling.

'He used his boots to step on my body and head, he kicked me and he used his boots to stomp on my face and nose,' said 28-year-old SaSa.

The attack which was caught on a black and white CCTV footage continues to elicit outrage from the populace and recently, Cambodian authority.

Feelers revealed that the business iroko offered her 100,000 dollar to make the case go away but the popular Cambodian TV Network host and an actress insisted that she would only see the assailant in the court.



For SaSa, the attack was not designed to scare her but to kill her: 'His beating was not to scare me, he was trying to kill me.'
She said: 'I am aware of domestic violence (in Cambodia), but this violence was so cruel.'




0 comments:

Post a Comment