Emma Atkins leaves Emmerdale to Have a Baby as Her Character Goes to Jail



New role: The actress revealed she can't wait for her 'new journey' as a mum and will return to the soap within a year

Emma Atkins leaves Emmerdale probably for a year as she expects a baby.

The actress, best known for playing the soap's Charity Dingle, confirmed the happy news after her bad girl alter-ego was sentenced to two years in jail for insurance fraud on Tuesday (January 20) night's episode.


Addressing fans in a special video message for ITV, she said: 'I do have a mixture of emotions going around because obviously I'm leaving for a while.
 Emma Atkins as Charity Sharma in Emmerdale
'I am leaving, probably for about a year because I'm leaving to have a baby which is really exciting.
'I will miss Emmerdale so much but it is a new little journey in my life that I'm taking on now. Argh!
'I can't wait to come back - hopefully within a year.'

Her co-star Charley Webb offered congratulations on Twitter, writing: "Finally-everyone knows Emma is leaving to have a baby. Can't wait to be an 'Aunty' again… Emmerdale will miss 'Charity' but she'll be back."

Atkins debuted on Emmerdale as the vixen Charity in 2000, remaining in the main cast until 2005. Charity made a shocking return to Emmerdale back in 2009.




Charity’s in the dock, charged with insurance fraud and perverting the course of justice bags 2 year in jail.


READ MORE:
The history of Aguleri - indigenous version

0 comments:

Post a Comment